Welcome to Bare Skin Studio, where male Brazilian waxing is our flagship service. We’ve done thousands of male Brazilians, butt cracks and full cheek waxing for men. We do this service all day, everyday. Every male Brazilian waxing client has been thrilled with the results. You will not find another wax studio in Orange County specializing in male Brazilian waxing with the same level of expertise in and dedication to the art of Brozilian waxing.
Why You Should Come to Bare Skin Studio for Men’s Brazilian Waxing:
- We are highly experienced in male Brazilian waxing. We have years of experience in the esthetics field and/or specifically male Brazilian waxing. Everyone on staff is trained extensively before working with a client one on one.
- We are comfortable and confident in performing male Brazilian waxes. This translates to you having a comfortable experience. No awkwardness in waxing your nether regions.
- We have a variety of waxes to choose from to customize for your specific hair situation. One wax alone does not work for everyone over their entire body.
- Our technique isn’t a cookie cutter protocol for everyone. We take each client’s hair patterns into consideration and adjust accordingly.
- We never double dip. That means dipping, applying and redipping, contaminating the wax pot with cooties. No matter where you go, make sure a new wax stick is used for every wax pull.
- Our location is private and discreet. Not everyone wants to shout “I got my balls waxed!” from the rooftops. Our client’s privacy is important to us.
- You are not just a number here. Our staff gets to knows who you are and genuinely cares about your well being. We offer a personalized service for each client. This is a very intimate service, clients are not typically fond of exposing their most vulnerable parts to a new person every time they come in. We don’t have a revolving door of staff members. Our staff is happy to be here and works hard at creating an awesome experience for every single client. If you want to see the same esthetician, request her and we will make it happen.
- We take the time to listen and answer questions before we start your service. We book extra time as needed for first time clients. We want you to be comfortable.
- We offer full body male grooming to make for a cohesive look. Let us show you how we can make you look and feel like a million bucks from head to toe.
- We offer a wide array of skin products that have been curated with men in mind. Experience them during your service or take them home to maintain results.
Male Brazilian waxing isn’t just for porn stars anymore! Our regular clients are men that you would not expect to have a BROzilian done. From CEO/Executive types to Soccer Dads. A lot of our clients are weekend warriors that cycle, run and swim who get this service done for comfort and speed but a majority of our clients get a BROzilian done for the cleanliness factor and to be sexy for their significant others. Whichever type of guy you are, know that Bare Skin Studio is the place to get this done right!
So you’ve decided to step up to the big leagues of men’s waxing services and are thinking of getting a male Brazilian wax? Don’t know what to expect before, during or after a male Brazilian wax? We’ve got you covered:
Before The Service
- Are you doing your first BROzilan for a special occasion like a vacation or a honeymoon? Then plan ahead. Can we do your male Brazilian wax right before your wedding? Absolutely. Although, we do recommend having it done more than once prior to your event. This is to ensure best case scenario when you are going to show it off.
- So how much time do you need between your first male Brazilian wax and your event? If you are trying to get at least 2 male Brazilian waxes in before your major event, you are looking at 6 weeks for 2 times, 12 weeks for 3 times. At the very least 24-48 hours before an event. Say, your event is on a Saturday night. 24-48 hours is the bare minimum. So you would have to be waxed by Thursday to have an all clear. Planning ahead is key to make sure you get an appointment on the day you need it to work with your event. Schedule your appointment as soon as you know the timing of your event.
- Exfoliation of the area is key before and after the male Brazilian waxing service. We highly suggest that you scrub the area thoroughly, especially the pelvic area since that’s where ingrown hairs are most common.
- We need at minimum an ⅛” of an inch of hair to wax; ideally, a ¼” to ½” of growth. How can you gauge how long that is? Typically, about 2 weeks from the last time you shaved. If it’s longer than that leave it alone. We can weed-whack it once you get here if it’s out of control. If you try to groom the area before coming in, you might make it too short to wax or we’ll have to go over the area repeatedly to pick up the really short stray hairs. This is no fun for you.
- We recommend 2 Advil an hour prior to your service unless you have a medical reason not to. This is a preventative measure to stop inflammation and swelling. Taking it right before your service will not save you. Tylenol before waxing is not a good substitute. Tylenol is a blood thinner. We don’t want you bleeding out on the table.
- Don’t take any caffeine or stimulants the day of your service. Morning coffee is fine if you are coming in in the afternoon.
- Anecdotally, we’ve been told that if you are hungry before your service it makes you more sensitive to pain. This is because your senses are heightened because subconsciously your body is looking for food. So eat before you come in if you can.
- We know you are nervous about getting your cock and balls waxed, but don’t drink alcohol before your service. Alcohol thins your blood.
- Don’t take any Viagra or other ED medications prior to your service. Why draw blood to an area that has the possibility of bleeding?
- Please come freshly showered before your service in the morning. If you don’t have a chance to shower or had a long day at the office, book a shower time. Or you can call ahead and show up 15 minutes before your service time to do a quick rinse. We don’t want to find a mystery prize in the middle of waxing. It’s not fun and awkward for both of us. If you end up on the table and aren’t fresh as a daisy and are required to shower before we can finish your service *yes, it has happened*, we may have to cut your service to what we can do in your allotted time and/or reschedule you. You will still be charged for the full amount of your scheduled services.
If you wear speedo type underwear your may either want to wear something different or at least wear cotton speedo underwear. You want your skin to be able to breathe after the service. If you wear tighty whiteys, boxers or boxer briefs you should be fine. Cotton is key. No satin boxer shorts.
During the Brazilian waxing for men service
- We will have you fill out and sign a consultation and consent form. The consultation form will help us assess any issues you may have prior to performing your service. We do this to ensure a comfortable service. The form also includes inappropriate behavior policy and cancellation policy. Take the time to read it. Hell, READ IT TWICE. These policies are in full force. Claiming ignorance will not stop you from getting charged from a future canceled appointment or getting kicked out for being inappropriate.
- Get undressed to show proper areas that are getting waxed. We will put a towel to cover any clothing that may be near the wax site.
- Lay down on our table and relax. Really, relax. It’s going to be okay. Are you relaxed yet?
- Our esthetician will go over the information provided on the consultation form, cover what areas will be waxed and/or groomed and answer any questions or concerns before the service is started.
- We use hard wax for the entire area that is considered the male Brazilian wax.
- We may ask you to help us hold some of the skin taut to minimize the discomfort then wax will be applied to the area we are removing from. We will wait for the wax to harden appropriately to ensure a clean single pull.
- Woo Hoo! Hairless skin!
- Repeat until we get the desired amount of hair removed.
- If you signed up a butt cheek upgrade, we will ask you to lay down face down so we can wax your butt cheeks with soft wax.
- If you are receiving a Full Monty which includes a butt crack wax, we will ask you to pop up on all fours, head down, butt up. We wax the butt crack with hard wax. Don’t worry, we see guys in this position all the time.
- After the area is waxed, we will clean it up with a skin cleanser to get wax residue off your skin.
- Get up, look in the mirror and weep tears of joy at how amazing your cock and balls look.
- Collect your clothing and whatever is left of your dignity and get dressed.
- Come out of the wax room, pick up any post care product that you will need, pay the lady at the front desk and book out your next appointment to get your preferred appointment time.
After The Male Brazilian Waxing Service
- Most of the pain should have subsided by the time we are done but it is possible that your skin may be tender for a few hours. It should go away overnight.
- Keeping the area clean is important. Your skin is wide open because we have removed the hair from the root and can become infected if exposed to bacteria. With that said, not hot tubs, jacuzzi’s, pools, oceans, gyms or sex for AT LEAST 24 hours.
- We will recommend post-care products depending on how your skin reacts during the waxing service and your previous waxing history. We offer a variety of products for post care waxing services including washes, ointments and lotions to combat bacteria and ingrown hairs.
Other bits and pieces you should know about waxing your cock and balls:
What areas are considered the male Brazilian wax? What is the difference between a men’s Brazilian wax and a Full Monty Wax?
For us, we consider the pelvis, shaft, testicles and perineum (taint) as part of the male Brazilian wax. There is the “Full Monty” that also includes the butt crack. We offer these services ala carte because some clients don’t want to wax their crack. We recommend a Full Monty because not waxing your butt crack is part cleanliness factor. The “Full Monty” can be upgraded to include the butt cheeks as well.
So how bad is this really going to hurt?
Everyone handles pain differently. It’s not a walk in the park, but the most common comment we have from our clients is that it’s not anywhere near as bad as they expected. We will walk you through anything you can do during the service to make you service the least painful possible. If needed we can take breaks to let you breathe. We know it hurts but the pain doesn’t last forever. Suck it up butter cup, no one said being pretty was easy. Besides, when you see how amazing your Brozilian looks and feels you will forget the pain in six weeks to do it all over again. How did you ever live your life before this?
What is double dipping?
Double dipping is when an esthetician uses the same wax stick more than once. That means she dips into the wax, uses it to apply the wax on your skin and puts it back into the wax pot contaminating the wax pot with your cooties. What if she pulled a new stick just for you? She probably did the same thing with the last person, yet their cooties are still in the pot too. Wax pots are generally refilled throughout the day and more than one service can be typically done from one wax pot. The wax heater is not hot enough to kill the bacteria and viruses that wax can be contaminated with. No matter where you go, make sure a new wax stick is pulled for every wax pull.
Why is the wax so hot when you apply it?
The skin on the BROzilian area is thinner than other parts of your body, therefore it will feel hotter than other body areas. This is normal. If we have to re-wax the area it is common for the wax to feel warmer on the skin. This is not because the wax is hotter but because the skin is sensitive from the first run of wax. Rest assured we use high quality waxes that are designed to be used in this fashion.
Do you really wax my penis?
Short answer: Yes.
Hair grows everywhere. Even on the penis. It’s like climbing ivy on an old building. The older you get the higher it climbs. Bordering all the way to the top of the building.
My hair is really long, can you wax it like that or will you trim it down first?
Generally it’s actually a lot easier to wax someone with long luxurious locks, because it give the wax more to attach to and makes it pretty evident if we miss a spot.
I waxed my balls before a long time ago. It went terribly.
Times and technology have changed depending on how long ago you tried waxing your cock and balls. The 3 things that will dictate how good your male Brazilian waxing experience will go are:
- Quality of wax.
- Estheticians experience and technique.
- Post care.
What is the difference between soft wax and hard wax? Why do you use hard or soft wax on some areas and not others? Why is the type of wax you use on my Brozilian wax so important?
Soft wax is an easy spreading wax that is used to cover large areas of the body and removed by a cloth like material. Soft wax attaches to the hair and the skin. While this is fine for large thick skinned areas like your back, Bare Skin Studio does not use soft wax for your Brozilian wax.
Hard wax is the next generation of wax and makes for a less painful waxing experience. Hard wax is made of synthetic resins that spreads thickly over a small area. The wax shrink wraps around the hair and floats over the skin. When the wax is completely dry, it is removed by pulling the wax quickly from the skin.
Hard wax requires less manipulation and pressure on your scrotum, floats over your skin so there is less chance of damage and less overall pain. Soft wax is known to be more aggressive than hard wax. While soft wax is great for large areas like your back, it is too aggressive for delicate areas like your balls.
Erection! Erection! Erection!
We’ll go ahead and address the awkward elephant in the room to avoid getting weird phone calls: What if I get an erection while getting a male Brazilian wax?
First, this is not a happy ending situation. If that is what you are looking for you will be sadly disappointed when we call the police and keep your money. When we see your junk it’s not sexy, it’s just another part of the body that needs hair removed. You won’t show us anything that will surprise us or impress us.
With that said, what if it still happens? We can work with it. If it’s too out of control and impeding our work, we will wait until it subsides. Your erection will usually die of natural causes (i.e. pain). Do we think you are a creepy weirdo because you got an erection during this service? Not generally. We understand that men are men and friction is friction. If you are laying there with your eyes closed, quiet and/or moaning then yes, that is creepy. Does having an erection help with the waxing? Not really. We are trained professionals and can get the hair off your skin without an erection.
We understand this is an odd situation. We try to make everyone comfortable and we do it with humor. At the same time we are professional and want to make sure everyone on our staff is comfortable as well. If a client makes our staff uncomfortable, we will remove you from the service. Maybe even call the cops. Do not give us a reason to do that.
Do not take Viagra or any other ED medication, do not will yourself to have an erection (yes, we can tell) and don’t you dare try to touch yourself to encourage an erection. If you wouldn’t do it at your doctor’s office don’t do it at ours.
At the last place I went to, they let me have an erection or encouraged me to have an erection because it would hurt much less. Why can’t I have one at your studio?
They probably don’t know what they are doing. An erection is unnecessary to complete a male brazilian wax. We don’t need you to have a boner for the pain factor. Furthermore, we don’t believe you. Any reputable place isn’t going to ask you to get a boner. Ick.
What about Male Brazilian waxing of the balls?
Why do people say “Grow some balls”? Balls are weak and sensitive! If you really wanna get tough, grow a vagina! Those things take a pounding! -Betty White
While the balls may be sensitive your scrotum skin (ball sack) is not. As long as we are careful with your balls and the skin is stretched properly it’s a piece of cake! Yes, we can even wax old saggy balls! Hair on the scrotum is generally less dense than it is on the pelvic bone and shaft and therefore less painful than the pelvic area. We use hard wax to reduce the skin bounce back rubber band effect of the skin which is part of the pain of waxing the testicles. The process for waxing balls is no different than any other part of the brazilian wax. Finally, wax is on the perineum which can usually be done with a few pulls. Star stickers and lollipops are available upon request.
Do guys usually take all their hair off when they do a male Brazilian wax?
It depends. If a guy is naturally hairless except for their Brazilian area, it is common to have all the hair removed. If a guy is an overall bear, having the Brazilian done and the rest of the body hair untouched will look odd. Our answer to this would be a modified full monty. Pelvic area is left alone and groomed and everything else is removed. You could also consider some of our other male grooming services to give your body a new look.
What if I want to leave some hair on the Pelvic area?
We can totally do that! Just let the esthetician know before that waxing service starts, during the consultation. Removing hair is easy. Putting it back, not so much.
Can I extend the area that I have waxed?
Time permitting, of course you can! The most common extension request is to wax what is generally covered by the boxer brief area. There will be additional fees for extensions of areas not covered by the original service.
Do I really have to get up on all fours to have you wax my ass crack?
Here are the 2 main reasons why we have you pop up on all fours:
- It makes for great bar talk.
- It gives us another reason to point and laugh at you.
Just kidding… this is really why:
- It makes it less painful. The skin is stretched out more so there is less bounce back.
- Waxing your crack at this angle makes it a lot easier to get deeper into the crevice to get the area a clean as possible.
You aren’t the first guy we’ve seen like this and you won’t be the last. All assholes look the same from this angle. We do not discriminate.
Can I get a butt crack wax if I have hemorrhoids?
We will say consult with your doctor before coming in. We will work with you but we may deny service if we think it is not safe to move forward. If your hemorrhoids are inflamed? No.
Why do you use gloves while working on me? I don’t have cooties.
We are doing you a favor and ourselves a favor. You may not have cooties, we may not have cooties but you don’t know if the person before you didn’t have cooties. Let’s keep everyone safe here. No Gloves = No Wax Love. Also, we use nitrile gloves for less chance of an allergic reaction.
I have an STD or other infection, can I still get a male Brazilian wax?
We take any all diseases and infections seriously. We take every precaution to make our services safe for all of our clients and ourselves. If we see an outbreak, obvious signs of infection, cuts, sores or compromised skin we will deny service. As long as your skin is under control, we will all be fine. We would appreciate a heads up. Just let the esthetician know before the start of your service.
How long will the results of a Male Brazilian Wax last?
Generally, the results will last 6 weeks. The first 4 times you come in, we ask that you come in at 6 weeks on the dot (or as close as you can make it). Why? Your hair grows on three different cycles and we are trying to get them all to sync up. The first few times you will have outgrowth in between waxings because the hair is not synced. The goal is to get your hair synced up to where you are clean for 4 weeks and growing out the last 2 weeks to re-wax. The long term goal is to be able to stretch your wax to every 8 weeks. There are cases where the times may be shorter or longer, but this is on a case by case basis. If your hair grows at lightning speed, we would still suggest you wait at least 4 weeks.
How long does the service take?
A male Brazilian wax service is scheduled for 30 minutes. We can also include a butt crack wax in that same service time. We will schedule up to 45 minutes for first time male Brazilian waxers. Density of the hair, pain tolerance and skin condition will determine how much of that time frame we will need. Once we have you on a regular cycle the times will shorten. We do the 45 minutes for worst case scenario. We will try our best to accommodate for pain breaks.
Why are more men getting Brazilian waxing?
Most of our clients have confided in us that getting a male Brazilian wax is about the cleanliness more than anything else. There is less hair for body secretions to get stuck to and less smell this way. The other main reason to get a male Brazilian wax is that their significant others are demanding that they be clean and tidy down below. Times have changed. It’s no longer a time where Burt Reynolds and Tom Selleck were household names and having a thicket is no longer acceptable.
Do men have a wiping problem when there is hair back there?
Outside of taking a shower every time you drop a deuce, even the best wiper has a little trail left. Aren’t you tired of carrying wet wipes with you to bathroom or having to shower after dropping the kids off to the pool? Why leave more places for the dirt to get stuck? Running poop through chicken wire will not end well guys. This, gentlemen, is a life changer! Your laundry will thank you as well!
Don’t you need some pelvic hair to keep infection away?
Way back when, when we were sharing the lands with wild animals and we lived in the buff, yes! Since then technology has advanced to daily showers and underwear to cover exposed body parts, excess body hair in our nether regions is a relic of ancient times that we haven’t evolved out of yet.
I’m 16, can I come in and do a male Brazilian wax with you?
Sorry boys, this is an 18 and over service only. If you look under 30, we will ask for ID. Consider it a compliment to your boyish charm. We do not wax minors.
Can I do a male Brazilian wax at home?
For the love of all that is good, seriously don’t try this at home. Watching a few youtube videos does not make you an expert at male brazilian waxing. Building up your knowledge and honing your skills requires years of experience. If done wrong you could possibly cause yourself ingrown hairs, broken hairs, burned skin, torqued skin, unnecessary bleeding, ripped skin and/or an infection. Leave your Brozilian waxing to highly skilled professionals like us at Bare Skin Studio. This is not a procedure you do at home to save money or are embarrassed. All the cool kids are doing it and you get what you pay for.
If I can’t do a BROzilian at home, can I Nair my balls instead?
We do not recommend it. Food for thought: If the product is aggressive enough to disintegrate coarse pubic hair what do you think it’s doing to your thin sensitive scrotum skin. So, no.
Female Thoughts on Male Brazilian Waxing
We have come to expect men to have some level of male grooming done. When we see hair traps down below we wonder about the cleanliness factor. We like to see a guy who takes care of himself in all aspects. This will add to your awesome.
If you have questions that we haven’t answered, feel free to give us a call. Otherwise, let’s get it done! Book your appointment now.